Sunday, January 23, 2011

Had Fun in Florida and Texas, Ya'all!


It’s been a busy travel week for me. Last weekend I spoke at the Florida SCBWI Winter Conference, planned by the energetic Linda Bernfeld. On Friday, I did a fantasy-writing intensive with Arianne Lewin, my former editor at Hyperion, and Alex Flinn, author of novels including Beastly
At times it got a little chilly in the conference room.




Saturday evening, we attended the Dragonslayer Ball. The costumes were stellar. Here I am with Linda, a fairy (?)


and with Ari Lewin and Krista Marino, an editor at Delacorte. I came as a clan princess, Ari and Krista came as awesome editors.  
 On Sunday after the conference, Marjetta Geerling  took Bruce Hale and me to Deco Days, on South Beach. It was great to catch some sunshine before heading back north.

This week, I’ve been in Frisco, TX for a week of school visits. Exhausting and exhilarating is how I’d describe it. My hat’s off to the librarians of the Frisco district—they really go above and beyond for kids. Here I am with my librarian posse.
 
And later today I head up to Sherman, TX for Authorfest!

No comments: