Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Garden Report


I do believe we’re living in the rainforest here. We are currently ~17 inches above normal for the year in rainfall. Over 3.5 inches came down on two different days in the past month. 
A couple of weeks ago, we had a cloudburst AND hail. Here are a couple of photos of our new lake. 
     Hail in the Rose Garden
    Lake on the Patio
On the bright side, it’s a great year to get a garden going. I planted my vegetable garden late, because it was so wet in the spring. Here’s how it looked right after planting. 
 I was worried, because midsummer is usually hot and dry around here, and I was afraid it would wither away. Au contraire. Here’s how it looked today. 



Does anyone have any great recipes for cucumbers and baby eggplant?

2 comments:

Alyzabeth Lewis said...

You're living in the rainforest? We just saw the first rainfall in weeks, after several straight weeks of 100+ degree heat.

If I had a vegetable garden it would be long dead.

ICQB said...

Sorry about the lake on the patio, but what a terrific garden! Enjoy the fruits!